Legacy MOCVD systems from Emcore, Veeco, Thomas Swan and Aixtron proved themselves as highly capable R&D platforms through the 2000’s. Though many of these aging systems are still operating despite limited or no OEM support, many components have become obsolete and require upgrades to extend the system’s productive lifetime. Agnitron’s refurbishment and upgrade services add new capabilities bringing state-of-the-art and economical MOCVD capabilities to researchers today.
Certified Legacy MOCVD Systems Available Today From Agnitron:
|VEECO E300 GaNZilla||2005||Ready for upgrade||SOLD|
|VEECO E400 Gold||2001||Upgraded||SOLD|
|D180 GaAs LDM||2001||Ready for upgrade||AVAILABLE|
|D125 GaAs LDM||1997||Upgraded||AVAILABLE|
|Thomas Swan 3×2″ GaN||2001||Ready for upgrade||AVAILABLE|
|Thomas Swan 3×2″ GaAs||2001||Ready for upgrade||AVAILABLE|
*If you are looking for a system not listed above please contact us – we work with all types of Legacy MOCVD equipment regularly and are able to source specific makes/models upon request.
In contrast to used equipment brokers which supply R&D MOCVD equipment in as-is condition, Agnitron delivers Agnitron Certified fully refurbished and upgraded Legacy MOCVD equipment with OEM factory level services which include the following.
- MOCVD system gas panel configuration, suitable modifications and upgrades for customer’s process reviewed and offered prior to sale
- Material growth demonstration specification established prior to sale so customers can choose equipment with confidence
- Support and consulting for customer’s facility preparation at no additional cost
- Preshipment MOCVD system configuration audit and operational demo at Agnitron’s facility
- Equipment startup performed at customer site by Agnitron Field Service Engineer (FSE)
- Material growth demonstration performed at customer site by Agnitron FSE
- Hardware and software warranties
- Ongoing comprehensive parts support offered, preventive maintenance service plans available
- Process development services available for work beyond the material demonstration
We don’t select equipment for refurbishment and upgrade if we don’t know its history and have confidence it will meet a customer’s needs. We are just as adept in material science and process engineering as we are in equipment engineering so, trust us, we understand how past use of equipment can impact its future performance and when the right time is to replace a component rather than reuse it. Details of the refurbishment process are reviewed with customers on a case by case basis.
At Agnitron we have worked with these Legacy systems since the start and are experts at returning them to OEM specification.
- Standard and optional upgrades add new capabilities for researchers and make these proven platforms state-of-the-art by today’s standards
- Parts and service support from top to bottom assures this economical choice will be supported for the life of the system
- Our experience designing, building and supporting OEM equipment enables customization of these systems to suit unique process requirements, use special precursors, or even for conversion to deposit new material sets.
Complete turn-key MOCVD solutions are available with matched system components based on your system and process needs including:
- Imperium-MOCVD™ control software
- Replacement showerheads
- Gas purifiers
- Gas cabinets
- Exhaust scrubbers
- Process cooling water chillers
- Hazardous gas detection safety systems
- Engineering support for process development
- Ongoing comprehensive MOCVD system spare/replacement parts support